Energi Coast is the representative group for the North East of England’s offshore renewables sector; promoting the extensive offshore renewable energy sector expertise from the region and North East England’s unique offering to the industry.
The leading offshore renewables supply chain companies in North East England have been brought together by NOF Energy to form the group.
Energi Coast members have invested almost £400m to meet the demands of the renewables market. Its members employ 6,000 people in the region, which is forecast to increase by 30% as Round 3 activities gather pace.
Turnover of Energi Coast members is forecast to double to more than £400m in offshore wind, which will have a significant impact on the region’s economy and supporting supply chain.
Energi Coast promotes:
- The capabilities of regional companies in servicing the offshore renewables markets in the UK, Europe and internationally
- The key competencies of North East England’s integrated energy supply chain
- The unique comprehensive ‘balance of plant’ offering from one geographical location
- Member companies with a strong track-record of collaborative working and a commitment to further strengthening those partnerships to serve offshore renewables
- North East England’s excellent infrastructure and logistics capabilities enabling it to become a global hub for the offshore renewables sector
Energi Coast also promotes the benefits of investing in North East England to aid the growth of the region’s offshore renewables supply chain.
I truly believe the North East of England has the potential to become a global hub for the offshore renewables industry.
The region is home to a collection of extremely innovative and successful companies that have blazed a trail for the North East supply chain in the oil & gas sector and are already expanding their expertise into offshore renewables.
As green energy resources become an established part of the required balanced energy mix, North East England companies have the capabilities to secure a significant proportion of the market, both domestically and globally.
For this reason, a number of North East England companies have come together to form an impressive group, which will advocate the extensive energy sector expertise and experience that exists in the region and the leading role the area must play in UK and international offshore renewables markets.
Chairman, Energi Coast
Chief Executive, TAG Energy Solutions